6 Feb 2007

In the beginning...

This blog is in addition to my HOPE Family History page which can be found at

https://sites.google.com/site/stemmata/home

which is an attempt to chronicle the family of Thomas Hope, born 1810 [c] at Ancrum [SCT] & who, together with his wife [Alice Armstrong] & their 9 children emigrated to Australia in 1856, landing at the Port of Melbourne but settling at Hynam [SA] & then in & around Apsley [Vic].

For the sake of preventing "identity theft" of living descendants of Thomas & Alice, the names & other identifying details of persons who are presumed to be still living have not been recorded in this account UNLESS they have specifically provided written permission [to the Editor] for their information to be included.

Update - September 2019 - I have transferred the previous e-Book to a new platform - which can be accessed by clicking on the above link. The "new" book is still very much a work-in-progress but after putting many hours already into the update, it's starting to take a new shape from previous versions or editions. 

It can never be a complete story of our family without help from the wider family. I can access general history of the family and places of interest but I don't know YOUR family or YOUR family's story, unless you let me into your family and those stories. Some have and I am very indebted to them, where that has happened. In some cases I have added my own knowledge and experiences with some of my first, second and third cousins but they are few and far between and also, mainly through the eyes of a very young Maggie Hope.

Update -  January 2023 - 

By the way, the above link still works so if you haven't taken a look at it before, then click on it and see what you might find. However, it might appear to be a bit cumbersome. However, stick at it and you might be surprised at what you discover.

If you have information or photos to add, then please contact me at:

stemmata@gmail.com

I will be thrilled to hear from you.

No comments: